I desperately wanted to be one of those super trendy moms who just bought a big beautiful designer purse and put baby things in it. Unfortunately, I don’t know the secret to keeping things from spilling or stains appearing and couldn’t justify the cost of a bag I couldn’t even wash off. I caved and bought a diaper bag. It was bulky and awkward and looked like a diaper bag but man was that thing handy. Unfortunately it gave out after less than a year and I ended up buying this bag as a replacement. I like that its easy to clean, has plenty of storage, and doesn’t scream diaper bag, I could feasibly pass it off as a large purse.
It’s served me well and I thought I’d share what I pack in mine. I do vary the contents depending on our day (pool days are different than indoor play park days) but for the most part these are my essentials. At the very bottom of this post you can enter to win a diaper bag packed with some serious goodies from Evian.
- Diapers- I always pack twice as many as I think I will need.
- Wipes- Essential for diaper changes and dirty kiddos.
- Changing pad- My diaper bag came with one and is great for public restrooms or wherever because, lets be honest, I would rather change my baby anywhere than in those dirty bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizer
- Evian Facial Spray– Essential for cleaning sticky fingers and faces and for a quick pick me up spritz. I love that its 100% pure water and safe for me and my kids.
- Lip Balm
- Extra clothes
- Blanket- For playing, sleeping, makeshift nursing cover, and sun coverage.
- Teething toys/toys- We love Sophie the Giraffe (made from natural rubber and food safe coloring) and my amazing teething necklace from The Vintage Honey.
- Snacks- Snacks for everyone is a necessity (not pictured)
One of my favorite new additions is this Evian Facial Spray because it’s got multiple uses in a easy-to-use environmentally friendly can. It’s going to be my favorite product of the summer, I can already tell. It’s necessary for cleaning off sticky fingers and faces and with two boys around there is no shortage of those. My baby is still in diapers but has super sensitive skin so this water spray has been a lifesaver for us. It doesn’t irritate him at all and is great for soothing without adding any additional products on his skin. I’ll admit I’ve even spritzed it on my face because it was so hot these last few days.
They have very graciously set up an amazing sweepstakes for THREE lucky ladies to win a Skip Hop Duo Signature diaper bag, in Heather Grey filled with a 10oz, 5oz, and a trio of travel sized evian facial sprays.